Joanna asked for them to be made in scrappy beige / cream low volume background with hot pinks and bright oranges for squares.
I find it really useful to audition fabric on Instagram before I make the blocks and this was the selection I showed Joanna:
As this was a new pattern, I made a test block in red and white.
Cut up and rotated, it looked like this, which means I have another block for my "sampler quilt".
Noticing that the block seemed a little bit boring with only three different fabrics, I decided to use quite a few extra fabrics for the proper block for Joanna. This also meant I had lots of extra sub-blocks. In the end I sent Joanna two finished blocks, plus some left over sub blocks.
|(Picture from Joanna's Instagram as I forgot to take photos of the finished blocks)|
To see the final quilt, hop over to Joanna's blog.